Policies & Procedures
- The program meets in a different location each week for 1 & 1/2 hours, from 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. (Summer Session from 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.)
- Sessions are once a week on a specific day for either 4 or 8 consecutive weeks.
- The 8-week session includes one make-up class voucher; the 4-week session does not.
- Classes are tailored for children who are ages 1-6, but younger and older children are most certainly welcome! All ages have fun and learn, even adults!
- Classes will meet rain or shine, unless the weather poses a threat to class safety or the location cancels on us.
- There will occasionally be indoor educational excursions, mostly during the Winter session, which is typically Hawaii’s rainy season.
- Parents must remain with & be responsible for their own child/children at all times.
- Each family must have their own personal medical insurance for each adult & child.
- Transportation to each site is the responsibility of each parent. (You meet us there.)
- It is recommended that you have a stroller/jogging stroller, as some classes will involve walking.
- It is also recommended that you have your belongings for the day’s outing in a backpack.
- Please see the Tuition and Registration pages for our tuition & registration policies/procedures.
- Locations change each week & each session.
- Each session offers a different educational theme & new locations. (There are 4 sessions: Winter, Spring, Summer, & Fall.)
- Once registered, you will be emailed a Trip Information Booklet with each location’s agenda, special requirements, directions & maps, additional adult fees, & other info.
- Locations will range all over Oahu, with most of them being between Kailua & Pearl City and between Hawaii Kai & Kualoa Ranch.
- Examples of field trips may include private tours & visits to various parks, private horse ranches, a safe beach for sand explorations, taro patches, fishponds, animal & food farms, boat rides, botanical gardens, nature centers, historical and cultural landmarks, etc.
- There is 1 make-up class/voucher offered within each 8-week session.
- A make-up class/voucher is not included in the 4-week session.
- If you miss a class, you will be offered another class to attend to make-up for the one you missed. If you can’t make any of the classes offered, you’ll receive a make-up voucher to use in a future session.
- Additionally, special field trips are occasionally offered throughout the year as opportunities to utilize your make-up class voucher, other than during a regularly scheduled session.